Indore, Oct 09 (ANI): Madhya Pradesh Commerce and Industry Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia said at the Global Investors Summit that she will take steps for skill development of the youths and unemployed of the state so that they become self reliant. During a news conference at the Global Investors Summit, the minister said the regional government will ensure skill availability within the state. Barely weeks after Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, launched his 'Make in India' initiative, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, inaugurated a three-day Global Investors Summit on Wednesday, inviting business leaders from across the world to invest in the state. Scindia added that enhancing employment is one of the primary objectives of her government. She said she will also urge corporate houses to adopt industrial training institutes so that they can directly hire talent from there. Day one of the summit was dedicated to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME). Scindia said the MSME sector demands special attention from the federal government.
Oct 9, 2014
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 25.18 points down to stand at 26,246.79. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 9.70 points down to stand at 7,842.70. BF UTILITIES LTD. and IOC were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 9.87% and 6.99% along with NATIONALUM and GSFC with an increase of 5.91% and 5.71% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include NATCO PHARMA LTD. and CREDIT ANALYSIS AND RESEARCH LTD. with a decrease of 6.96% and 5.62% along with JKLAKSHMI and HEXAWARE with a decrease of 5.44% and 5.02% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 101.28 points at 17,673.98 while the banking sector is up 189.76 points at 17,576.06 and the reality sector is up 24.34 points at 1,575.70.
The Indian currency is down 0.07% at Rs 61.38 per dollar.
Oct 8, 2014
New Delhi, Oct 7 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 296.02 points down to stand at 26,271.97. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 93.15 points down to stand at 7,852.40. GMRINFRA and APOLLOTYRE were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.08% and 6.04% along with HATHWAY and SCI with an increase of 5.34% and 5.29% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include DEN and CYIENT with a decrease of 8.54% and 7.93% along with PETRONET and POLARIS with a decrease of 6.27% and 6.00% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 129.45 points at 17,590.42 while the banking sector is down 178.83 points at 17,359.74 and the reality sector is down 19.88 points at 1,551.36. The Indian currency is up 0.32% at Rs 61.41 per dollar.
Oct 7, 2014
1 hour ago
- Who is Krishna Kumari Kohli? Pakistan's Hindu lawmaker makes it to BBC's 100 women of 2018 list
- Maharashtra: 4 killed, 11 injured in explosion at Pulgaon Army depot in Wardha district
- Jammu and Kashmir: Four militants, soldier killed in Shopian encounter
- Chicago hospital shooting leaves 4 dead, including police officer and gunman
- History of a feud: Tatas want to fly Jet, but without the captain for a reason
- In an ambitious plan, PM Modi wants to double the economy to $5billion
- SBI internet banking ban from Dec 1: How to check if your account is registered with mobile number
- Sensex, Nifty snap three-day rally on global selloff
- Reliance pips TCS to become most-valued firm on D-Street