RBI May Allow Banks to Resume Gold Loans to Jewellers, Review Ban on Import of Gold Coins and Medallions
New Delhi, Dec 23 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 195.33 points down to stand at 27,506.46. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 57.00 points down to stand at 8,267.00. GUJRAT GAS and EDELWEISS were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 17.92% and 6.19% along with PAGE INDUSTRIES LTD. and DCB BANK with an increase of 6.13% and 6.13% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include SCI and RASOYA PROTEINS LTD. with a decrease of 4.89% and 4.65% along with JAIN IRRIGATION SYSTEMS LTD. and VOLTAS with a decrease of 4.49% and 4.32% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 24.77 points at 18,585.69 while the banking sector is down 153.69 points at 21,301.93 and the reality sector is down 11.64 points at 1,502.73. The Indian currency is up 0.13% at Rs 63.37per dollar.
Dec 23, 2014
- China set to post slowest growth in 28 years in 2018, more stimulus seen
- Sensex weekly gain at 378 pts; Reliance up 4.5% on day, Sun Pharma down 9%
- Budget expectations, Q3 results to guide Indian equities
- Will Modi govt's e-commerce policy help Reliance beat Amazon and Flipkart?
- Asian markets mixed as Huawei report offsets US earnings