New Delhi, July 09 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 137.30 points down to stand at 25,444.81. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 38.20 points down to stand at 7,585.00. Indian Oil Corporation and Adani Ports were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 3.35% and 2.67% along with HPCL and TITAN with an increase of 2.38% and 2.18% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Bharat Electronics Ltd. and Apollo Tyres with a decrease of 7.81% and 7.67% along with Aurobindo Pharma and Ashok Leyland with a decrease of 6.93% and 6.11% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 385.13 points at 15,452.99 while the banking sector is down 86.16 points at 17,108.97 and the realty sector is down 31.04 points at 1,914.69. The Indian currency is 0.08% down at Rs 59.73 per dollar.
Jul 9, 2014
New Delhi, July 08 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 517.97 points down to stand at 25,582.11. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 163.95 points down to stand at 7,623.20. MCX and Berger Paints were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 4.36% and 2.66% along with Bajaj Holdings and Cadila Health with an increase of 2.34% and 1.63% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Unitech and Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. with a decrease of 12.54% and 9.82% along with IFCI and MMTC with a decrease of 9.47% and 9.30% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 367.98 points at 15,838.12 while the banking sector is down 413.67 points at 17,195.13 and the realty sector is down 150.04 points at 1,945.73. The Indian currency is 0.28% down at Rs 59.84 per dollar.
Jul 8, 2014
Railway Budget Live Blog: Modi calls "Modern" Rail Budget a Growth Engine, Opposition Calls it 'Pro-rich'
- Pakistani troops' barbarism at border: BSF jawan found with slit throat, eyes gouged out
- Manchester City players best in the world? Assistant coach Mikel Arteta believes so
- Congress leaders meet CAG seeking a probe into Rafale deal
- Babul Supriyo threatens to break man's legs and 'hand him a crutch' at event for differently-abled
- India's market boom is coming to an end, Goldman Sachs warns
- Bengaluru pips Singapore as top destination for tech companies, startups in Asia
- Mega bank merger infuses job loss fears
- Facebook gets sued for hiding job ads from women
- Asian business confidence at worst level in 3 years as 'upturn in world economy ends'