New Delhi, Sept 01 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 229.44 points up to stand at 26,867.55. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 73.35 points up to stand at 8,027.70. ABB and UNITECH were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 10.42% and 9.43% along with APOLLOTYRE and ANDHRABANK with an increase of 8.93% and 6.72% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include BHUSHAN STEEL LTD and GMDC LTD. with a decrease of 4.98% and 2.41% along with Bajaj Finance Limited and GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE LTD. with a decrease of 2.30% and 2.12% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 254.31 points at 17,547.96 while the banking sector is up 322.80 points at 18,326.48 and the reality sector is up 46.95 points at 1,774.39. The Indian currency is up 0.07% at Rs 60.49 per dollar.
Sep 1, 2014
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- Job market to see 4% spurt in FY2019; IT, retail and health to witness robust hiring
- Skill India reality check: 70% of Indian youth don't have idea about govt's skill development programmes
- Jet Airways to sell 6 Boeing 777 aircraft in a bid to fly out of debt turbulence
- Leading equity strategist supports govt in RBI row; says Modi return in 2019 is best scenario
- India hopes to calm fuel price stink with basmati fragrance