New Delhi, Oct 7 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 296.02 points down to stand at 26,271.97. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 93.15 points down to stand at 7,852.40. GMRINFRA and APOLLOTYRE were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.08% and 6.04% along with HATHWAY and SCI with an increase of 5.34% and 5.29% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include DEN and CYIENT with a decrease of 8.54% and 7.93% along with PETRONET and POLARIS with a decrease of 6.27% and 6.00% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 129.45 points at 17,590.42 while the banking sector is down 178.83 points at 17,359.74 and the reality sector is down 19.88 points at 1,551.36. The Indian currency is up 0.32% at Rs 61.41 per dollar.
Oct 7, 2014
New Delhi, Sep 30 (ANI): After Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan left repo rate unchanged at 8 per cent, Market Experts on Tuesday said that the decision was expected due to risk of inflation. Rajan has decided to keep the interest rate unchanged and said that 2016 CPI target of 6% is at risk. Akash Jindal said that RBI seems to be giving importance on reduction of inflation as interest rates are not changed. Market Expert Nirav Vakharia also supported the decision over the aforesaid risk. Rajan on uesday issued his fourth bi-monthly credit policy review.
Sep 30, 2014
New Delhi/Ahmedabad, Sep 29 (ANI): Business leaders on Monday (September 29) hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's move as he met the CEOs of 11 top US companies in a bid to lure fresh foreign investments. Indian business leaders have high expectation from Modi's meeting with tycoons. Secretary General of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), DS Rawat said that Modi is giving clear signal for investment in India. Secretary General, of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) Dr Alwyn Didar Singh said that the move will be a real game changer. President of Gujarat Chambers of Commerce and Industries Rakesh Shah said steps taken by the prime minister will grow industries, ventures and employment in the country which lead to strengthen economy.
Sep 30, 2014
- Taylor Swift travels inside suitcases carried by her security team, says Zayn Malik
- NASA opens up on Oumuamua, conspiracy theorists insist on alien technology angle
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- GSLV Mk III: ISRO launches India's heaviest rocket from Sriharikota
- Ashok Leyland stock turmoil seen only in the short term
- Mobile handsets may get dearer amid depreciating rupee
- When will IKEA open its doors in Bengaluru and Mumbai?
- Exit of Flipkart CEO adds to fears in Corporate India about sexual misconduct - report
- Bansal exit aftershock: Massive Jabong staff layoff likely after Myntra merger