New Delhi, Feb 04 (ANI): Tata Motors unveiled its first new models in four years, banking on two small cars to reverse the company's sliding passenger car sales in the face of growing foreign competition. In a bid to revive its fortunes, Tata is pinning its hopes for now on the all-new Bolt hatchback and Zest entry-level sedan to tap into the small car market that accounts for the bulk of passenger vehicle sales in India. Sales of Tata passenger vehicles in India fell an annual 37 percent in the first nine months of the fiscal year that ends in March, according to data from Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM).
Feb 4, 2014
New Delhi, Feb 04 (ANI): Tata motors assured to work on the safety of its cars after certain popular small Indian cars fail first ever independent crash tests, revealing high risk of serious injuries in road accidents. A test conducted by GLOBAL NCAP, an independent UK based charity for consumer-orientated vehicle safety initiatives, showed disastrous results for some of the most popular running cars in India including Maruti Alto 800, Tata Nano, Ford Figo, Hyundai i10 and Volkswagen Polo. Following the reports, President of Tata Motors, Ranjit Yadav said that the company would meet the safety requirements of its cars as per global standards. The secretary general of Global NCAP, David Ward, said that it is important to give the consumer a safe car.
Feb 4, 2014
New Delhi, Feb 3 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 319.18 points down to stand at 20194.67. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 87.70 points down to stand at6001.80. Indraprastha Gas Ltd and Gujarat State Petronet were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 7.74% and 4.52% along with Lupin and Petronet LNG with an increase of 4.33% and 4.19% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include JSW Steel and Oberoi Realty with a decrease of 7.11% and 6.41% along with Jet Airways and Hindalco Industries with a decrease of 6.30% and 5.48% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 223.96 points at 11,344.91 while the banking sector is down 157.83 points at 11,554.48 and the realty sector is down 25.32 points at 1,186.28. The Indian currency is down 0.08% at Rs 62.73 per dollar.
Feb 3, 2014
New Delhi, Feb 3 (ANI): Oil Minister Veerappa Moily on Monday announced that CNG price will be reduced by about Rs 15 per kg and piped natural gas by about Rs 5 per cubic metres in Delhi. Speaking on the same Moily said that it is a move to benefit people and if the move helps in polls, it would be incidental.
Feb 3, 2014
American Bazaar Conclave 2014: Opportunities and Challenges in Information Technology in US Post-Recession
Hero Motocorp Unveils Concept Diesel Bike RNT and Four New Two-Wheeler Models; Features and Availability Details
- Kerala nun rape case: Jalandhar Bishop Mulakkal arrested in Kochi after intense three-day questioning
- IKEA Hyderabad in big trouble after customer finds bug in chocolate cake
- Injured Jet Airways passenger threatens to upload flight video if demands aren't met
- Mayawati- Ajit Jogi alliance leaves Congress hanging ahead of Chhattisgarh elections
- Amazon-Samara Capital buy Aditya Birla Group's More retail chain for Rs 4,200 crore
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Dubai's Emirates could take over Abu Dhabi's Etihad to create world's largest airline - Report
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal