New Delhi, August 8 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 259.87 points down to stand at 25,329.14. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 80.70 points down to stand at 7,568.55. Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd. and Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 2.92% and 2.69% along with Pidilite Inds and Bharti Airtel with an increase of 2.49% and 2.31% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Bhushan Steel and JPPOWER with a decrease of 9.99% and 6.01% along with Torrent Power and SSLT with a decrease of 5.80% and 5.71% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 214.69 points at 15,544.33 while the banking sector is down 258.61 points at 16,903.81 and the reality sector is down 73.82 points at 1,838.98. The Indian currency is up 0.21% at Rs 61.35 per dollar.
Aug 8, 2014
- With 1,300 jobs on offer, India remains Amazon's jobs hot spot
- Yes Bank shares rise 5% on reports that Deutsche Bank India head leads CEO race
- Cheer for Vodafone Idea employees; salaries to be raised first time after 2017
- Etihad Airways to invest in debt-laden Jet Airways at discounted Rs 150 per share
- Sachin Bansal gets on board Ola with Rs 150 cr investment; app now valued at Rs 4,090 cr