New Delhi, March 6 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 225.76 points up to stand at 21,502.62. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 72.50 points up to stand at 6,401.15. Prestige Estates and Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.23% and 10.03% along with Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. and HDIL with an increase of 8.88% and 7.22% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include IPCA Lab and Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. with a decrease of 2.67% and 2.56% along with ABB India Ltd. and Eicher Motors with a decrease of 1.84% and 1.65% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 87.80 points at 12,567.17 while the banking sector is up 213.19 points at 12,878.13 and the realty sector is up 50.70 points at 1,289.93. The Indian currency is down 0.76% at Rs 61.28 per dollar.
Mar 6, 2014
New Delhi, March 04 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 270.91 points up to stand at 21,217.56. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 76.50 points up to stand at 6,297.95. Hindalco Industries Ltd. and Tata Chemicals were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 8.25% and 8.10% along with Yes Bank and BOB with an increase of 6.15% and 5.85% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. and Glaxosmithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. with a decrease of 3.81% and 2.72% along with Sobha Developers Ltd. and JPPOWER with a decrease of 2.28% and 1.79% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 156.41 points at 12,505.98 while the banking sector is up 56.41 points at 12,478.42 and the realty sector is up 15.03 points at 1,218.25. The Indian currency is up 0.15% at Rs 62.02 per dollar.
Mar 4, 2014
Forbes 2014 Billionaires List: Sheryl Sandberg, Sara Blakely, Oprah Winfrey Join Global Super Rich Club
1 hour ago
- Tamil Nadu: DMK to stage state-wide protest against AIADMK on Oct 3 and 4
- Bishop Mulakkal taken for reconstruction of crime scene
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Heavy job cuts in telecom sectors; Reliance Jio comes to rescue
- Flipkart may get new CEO to replace Binny Bansal; Kalyan Krishnamurthy frontrunner
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- India has potential to triple its intra-regional trade: World Bank report
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut