New Delhi, August 22 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 59.44 points up to stand at 26,419.55. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 22.10 points up to stand at 7,913.20. Financial Technologies (India) Ltd. and UPL were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 5.00% and 4.56% along with UNIONBANK and Jubilant Food Works Ltd with an increase of 3.69% and 3.43% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include BHUSHAN STEEL LTD. and JAIPRAKASH ASSOCIATES LTD. with a decrease of 4.97% and 3.98% along with SOBHA and MMTC with a decrease of 3.90% and 3.78% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 13.62 points at 17,034.27 while the banking sector is up 199.03 points at 18,114.53 and the reality sector is down 16.49 points at 1,821.03. The Indian currency is down 0.3% at Rs 60.49 per dollar.
Aug 22, 2014
- With 1,300 jobs on offer, India remains Amazon's jobs hot spot
- Sensex weekly gain at 378 pts; Reliance up 4.5% on day, Sun Pharma down 9%
- Will Modi govt's e-commerce policy help Reliance beat Amazon and Flipkart?
- Etihad Airways to invest in debt-laden Jet Airways at discounted Rs 150 per share
- Tesla cuts over 3,000 jobs amid 'extremely difficult challenge,' Musk aims for cheaper Model 3