New Delhi, July 12 (ANI): Finance Secretary Arvind Mayaram while speaking at an interactive session in New Delhi on Saturday said the budget for the fiscal year 2014-2015 is growth oriented and will revive the economy. Mayaram defended Finance Minister Arun Jaitley_s maiden budget that was presented in the parliament on Thursday holding that the government will maintain the fiscal deficit at the projected 4.1 percent of GDP (Gross Domestic Product). The President of Federation of Indian Chambers Of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Sidharth Birla, along with its members was also present at the event.
Jul 12, 2014
Bangalore, July 11 (ANI): India's second largest IT services provider Infosys posted on Friday a higher-than-expected quarterly net profit growth of 21.6 percent, retaining its revenue guidance of seven to nine percent for the fiscal year 2015. Shibulal, the last of Infosys' seven founders to hold the role of CEO and who is leaving at the end of this month, said the company had already taken several measures to retain staff, including quarterly promotions.
Jul 11, 2014
Mumbai, July 11 (ANI): Indian markets flat-lined on Friday as investors analysed the budget announced by Narendra Modi's new government. Stock market expert, Sunil Shah, said currently that there is no activity in the market due to repercussions of the budget.
Jul 11, 2014
New Delhi, July 11 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 348.40 points down to stand at 25,024.35. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 108.15 points down to stand at 7,459.60. Aurobindo Pharma and Zee Entertainment were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 3.90% and 3.61% along with Max India and Ranbaxy Lab with an increase of 2.58% and 2.29% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Jain Irrigation and Unitech with a decrease of 11.51% and 10.68% along with Power Finance and REC with a decrease of 10.47% and 10.22% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 158.22 points at 15,154.50 while the banking sector is down 455.55 points at 16,546.21 and the realty sector is down 103.69 points at 1,906.03. The Indian currency is 0.12% up at Rs 60.12 per dollar.
Jul 11, 2014
33 minutes ago
- Belgium vs Tunisia live stream: Watch Fifa World Cup 2018 Group G match live on TV, online
- America averse to dating Trump Officials? Here's why
- Saifuddin Soz's comment on Kashmir's independence draws flak from BJP, Congress says not party's viewpoint
- Yamaha YZF-R15 Version 3.0 MotoGP edition India launch soon
- Plans to sell Air India shelved, government looks at improving profits
- Blood on his hands: 'Fugitive' Mallya paid London staffers, but not those based in India, say Kingfisher employees
- Chanda Kochhar exit: This is how ICICI Bank board edged out 'aggressive, defiant' CEO
- Sistema exits Reliance Communications; sells its 10 percent stake
- Trump's trade war heats up with tariffs imposed by EU, India