New Delhi, Nov 28 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 255.08 points up to stand at 28,693.99. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 94.05 points up to stand at 8,494.20. JETAIRWAYS and HINDUSTAN PETROLEUM CORPORATION LTD were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 19.99% and 8.93% along with PNB and CANARA BANK with an increase of 7.92% and 7.67% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include FRL and CONTAINER CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD with a decrease of 7.19% and 7.15% along with ABAN OFFSHORE LTD and KAILASH with a decrease of 4.96% and 4.91% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 367.76 points at 19,220.05 while the banking sector is up 591.38 points at 21,212.07 and the reality sector is up 27.38 points at 1,683.06. The Indian currency is down 0.23% at Rs 62.02 per dollar.
Nov 28, 2014
New Delhi, Nov 27 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 52.72 points up to stand at 28,438.91. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 18.45 points up to stand at 8,494.20. STAR and JET AIRWAYS were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 6.68% and 5.82% along with BHEL and SREI INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE LTD. with an increase of 5.38% and 5.37% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include CROMPTON GREAVES LTD. and KAILASH with a decrease of 6.11% and 5.00% along with RASOYA PROTEINS LTD and PIIND with a decrease of 4.74% and 3.78% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 65.15 points at 18,852.29 while the banking sector is up 34.34 points at 20,620.69 and the reality sector is down 5.05 points at 1,655.68. The Indian currency is up 0.04% at Rs 61.87 per dollar.
Nov 27, 2014
Coimbatore, Nov 26 (ANI): Buyers in Coimbatore flocked to purchase gold as the expensive yellow metal faces a price slump. Gold stood at 26,450 rupees for 10 grams on November 25 and further fell to 26, 355 rupees on November 26. Jewellers say that this phenomenon was due to fluctuations in the international market. Buyers said that they could now stock up on jewellery they otherwise find expensive.
Nov 26, 2014
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- Jet Airways to sell 6 Boeing 777 aircraft in a bid to fly out of debt turbulence
- Demonetisation spurred Indian economy's digitisation but issues remain
- Big relief for Deloitte, PwC, EY and KPMG as govt panel allows permission to operate in India
- India's strategic petroleum reserves programme attracts overseas players
- Leading equity strategist supports govt in RBI row; says Modi return in 2019 is best scenario