New Delhi, Sept 01 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 229.44 points up to stand at 26,867.55. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 73.35 points up to stand at 8,027.70. ABB and UNITECH were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 10.42% and 9.43% along with APOLLOTYRE and ANDHRABANK with an increase of 8.93% and 6.72% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include BHUSHAN STEEL LTD and GMDC LTD. with a decrease of 4.98% and 2.41% along with Bajaj Finance Limited and GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE LTD. with a decrease of 2.30% and 2.12% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 254.31 points at 17,547.96 while the banking sector is up 322.80 points at 18,326.48 and the reality sector is up 46.95 points at 1,774.39. The Indian currency is up 0.07% at Rs 60.49 per dollar.
Sep 1, 2014
17 hours ago
- Trump imposes new tariffs on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods
- ISRO's PSLV-C42 launches 2 UK satellites into space making it first ever night launch
- Arjuna Awards 2018: Full list of athletes recommended for prestigious honour
- Quick Response: High Court calls Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan's bluff on salary challenge
- India's market boom is coming to an end, Goldman Sachs warns
- India delays imposition of higher tariffs on some US goods to November
- Gold prices fall as investors turn to dollar for safety amid US-China trade tensions
- An outsider to replace CEO Francisco D'Souza at Cognizant?
- Ola raises $50 million from China's communist party-backed investor