New Delhi, August 26 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 5.79 points up to stand at 26,442.81. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 1.55 points down to stand at 7,904.75. HAVELLS and BAJAJ FINSERV LTD were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 9.40% and 5.08% along with PIDILITE INDUSTRIES LTD and GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE LTD. with an increase of 4.90% and 4.08% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include RPOWER and ADANIPOWER with a decrease of 6.79% and 6.44% along with JINDALSTEL and JPPOWER with a decrease of 6.16% and 5.41% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 4.69 points at 17,110.96 while the banking sector is down 42.62 points at 17,895.77 and the reality sector is down 0.82 points at 1,785.03. The Indian currency is up 0.11% at Rs 60.50 per dollar.
Aug 26, 2014
New Delhi, August 25 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 17.47 points up to stand at 26,437.02. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 6.90 points down to stand at 7,906.30. EMAMI LTD. and MAX were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 6.27% and 4.47% along with INDIAN HOTELS CO.LTD. and TTKPRESTIGE with an increase of 3.07% and 2.77% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include JINDAL STEEL and POWER LTD. and HINDALCO with a decrease of 15.14% and 9.91% along with NATIONALUM and TATASTEEL with a decrease of 6.89% and 5.20% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 59.51 points at 17,093.78 while the banking sector is down 161.80 points at 17,950.03 and the reality sector is down 36.62 points at 1,785.85. The Indian currency is up 0.07% at Rs 60.50 per dollar.
Aug 25, 2014
Kerala and Uruguay: One Weeds Out Alcohol, Other Welcomes Marijuana - Both in the Name of Societal Benefits
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Increase in interest rates for small saving schemes; investors breathe a sigh of relief
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal