New Delhi, Sept 01 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 229.44 points up to stand at 26,867.55. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 73.35 points up to stand at 8,027.70. ABB and UNITECH were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 10.42% and 9.43% along with APOLLOTYRE and ANDHRABANK with an increase of 8.93% and 6.72% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include BHUSHAN STEEL LTD and GMDC LTD. with a decrease of 4.98% and 2.41% along with Bajaj Finance Limited and GLAXOSMITHKLINE CONSUMER HEALTHCARE LTD. with a decrease of 2.30% and 2.12% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 254.31 points at 17,547.96 while the banking sector is up 322.80 points at 18,326.48 and the reality sector is up 46.95 points at 1,774.39. The Indian currency is up 0.07% at Rs 60.49 per dollar.
Sep 1, 2014
32 minutes ago
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan decries 'arrogant' India for cancelling foreign ministers' meet
- New IRDAI rules stipulate Rs 15 lakh protection in motor accidents
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal