New Delhi, Sept 18 (ANI): In a bid to end the blockage of global trade, US top official called for green field investments in India through the 'Select USA' programme that will specifically concentrate on assisting new and expanding existing businesses. Speaking to reporters at CII Headquarters in New Delhi on Thursday Executive Director, Select USA, Vinai Thummalapally, invited competitive investors from India to USA. The director is on a seven-day visit to India and will be travelling across five cities – Delhi, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Mumbai and Bangalore – to boost trade investment in the US. Counsellor for Commercial Affair John M McCaslin was also present at the "Select USA" press conference organised by the US Department of Commerce. Thummalapally said India's small and medium enterprises will benefit from the programme.
Sep 18, 2014
New Delhi, Sept 18 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 480.92 points up to stand at 27,112.21. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 139.25 points up to stand at 8,114.75. UNITECH and HDIL were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 13.94% and 9.36% along with INDHOTEL and ADANIPOWER with an increase of 9.13% and 7.22% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include BRITANNIA and BHUSHAN STEEL LTD. with a decrease of 2.35% and 1.88% along with GMDCLTD and INFOSYS LTD. with a decrease of 1.36% and 1.35% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 474.62 points at 18,221.49 while the banking sector is up 358.20 points at 18,488.77 and the reality sector is up 79.40 points at 1,788.61. The Indian currency is up 0.02% at Rs 60.94 per dollar.
Sep 18, 2014
Kerala nun rape case: Jalandhar Bishop Mulakkal arrested in Kochi after intense three-day questioning19 minutes ago
- Amazon-Samara Capital buy Aditya Birla Group's More retail chain for Rs 4,200 crore
- Dubai's Emirates could take over Abu Dhabi's Etihad to create world's largest airline - Report
- Trouble mounts for debt-laden Air India as oil companies threaten to stop fuel supply
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal
- Bengaluru pips Singapore as top destination for tech companies, startups in Asia