New Delhi, Aug 13 (ANI): President Pranab Mukherjee recently conferred the outstanding parliamentarian awards to three veteran leaders. India's Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, Congress leader Karan Singh and regional party Janta Dal-United chief Sharad Yadav were honoured with the awards for the years 2010, 2011 and 2012, respectively. At a function organised by the Indian Parliamentary Group, President Mukherjee presented the awards to Jaitley, Singh and Yadav, while all the three turned very nostalgic about the past. Going down the memory lane, Jaitley said when he looks back it seems that he has come a long way. Meanwhile, Congress leader Karan Singh recalled his earliest association with the parliament, which dates back to 1950s. Remembering the times of India's independence, Janta Dal-United chief Sharad Yadav talked about making his Parliamentary debut at the time when it was still abuzz with freedom fighters.
Aug 13, 2014
New Delhi, August 12 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 361.53 points up to stand at 25,880.77. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 101.10 points up to stand at 7,727.05. Eicher Motors and RAMCOCEM were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 8.40% and 8.30% along with Gail India and Tata Motors with an increase of 5.83% and 5.72% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Bhushan Steel and Neyveli Lignite with a decrease of 9.98% and 6.49% along with Indian Hotels and Mangalore Refinery with a decrease of 5.96% and 5.28% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 282.19 points at 16,238.89 while the banking sector is up 240.43 points at 17,237.63 and the reality sector is up 19.07 points at 1,875.74. The Indian currency is up 0.11% at Rs 61.11 per dollar.
Aug 12, 2014
New Delhi, August 8 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 259.87 points down to stand at 25,329.14. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 80.70 points down to stand at 7,568.55. Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd. and Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 2.92% and 2.69% along with Pidilite Inds and Bharti Airtel with an increase of 2.49% and 2.31% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Bhushan Steel and JPPOWER with a decrease of 9.99% and 6.01% along with Torrent Power and SSLT with a decrease of 5.80% and 5.71% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 214.69 points at 15,544.33 while the banking sector is down 258.61 points at 16,903.81 and the reality sector is down 73.82 points at 1,838.98. The Indian currency is up 0.21% at Rs 61.35 per dollar.
Aug 8, 2014
33 minutes ago
- Belgium vs Tunisia live stream: Watch Fifa World Cup 2018 Group G match live on TV, online
- America averse to dating Trump Officials? Here's why
- Saifuddin Soz's comment on Kashmir's independence draws flak from BJP, Congress says not party's viewpoint
- Yamaha YZF-R15 Version 3.0 MotoGP edition India launch soon
- Plans to sell Air India shelved, government looks at improving profits
- Blood on his hands: 'Fugitive' Mallya paid London staffers, but not those based in India, say Kingfisher employees
- Chanda Kochhar exit: This is how ICICI Bank board edged out 'aggressive, defiant' CEO
- Sistema exits Reliance Communications; sells its 10 percent stake
- Trump's trade war heats up with tariffs imposed by EU, India