Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 33.17 points up to stand at 27,241.78. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 26.60 points up to stand at 8,200.70. UNIONBANK and AJANTA PHARMA LTD. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 5.65% and 5.26% along with BAYER CROPSCIENCE LTD. and SYNDICATE BANK with an increase of 5.03% and 4.93% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include RASOYA PROTEINS LTD. and GSFC with a decrease of 4.49% and 3.87% along with OBEROI REALTY LTD. and JUBILANT with a decrease of 3.60% and 3.13% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 7.42 points at 18,455.13 while the banking sector is up 26.66 points at 21,253.30 and the reality sector is up 14.09 points at 1,533.94. The Indian currency is up 0.13% at Rs 63.60 per dollar.
Dec 26, 2014
- US President Trump extols close ties to India, PM Modi; says trade deals 'moving along'
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- Jet Airways to sell 6 Boeing 777 aircraft in a bid to fly out of debt turbulence
- Demonetisation spurred Indian economy's digitisation but issues remain
- Big relief for Deloitte, PwC, EY and KPMG as govt panel allows permission to operate in India
- India's strategic petroleum reserves programme attracts overseas players
- Leading equity strategist supports govt in RBI row; says Modi return in 2019 is best scenario