New Delhi, Jan 8 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 365.89 points up to stand at 27,274.71. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 132.50 points up to stand at 8,234.60. PIPAVAVDOC and BERGE PAINT were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 18.07% and 10.90% along with DELTA CORP LTD. and VOLTAS with an increase of 6.87% and 6.54% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include PMCFIN and HATHWAY with a decrease of 4.97% and 2.62% along with RELIGARE and FINOLEX INDUSTRIES LTD with a decrease of 2.56% and 2.15% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 290.48 points at 18,825.01 while the banking sector is up 434.63 points at 21,413.49 and the reality sector is up 40.01 points at 1,553.73. The Indian currency is up 0.89% at Rs 62.61 per dollar.
Jan 8, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 7 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 78.64 points down to stand at 26,908.82. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 25.25 points down to stand at 8,102.10. BEL and JUBILANT LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.38% and 11.11% along with SUZLON and UBL with an increase of 9.20% and 8.35% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include PMCFIN and RASOYA PROTEINS LTD. with a decrease of 4.95% and 4.67% along with IRB and GREAT EASTERN SHIPPING CO.LTD. with a decrease of 4.39% and 4.11% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 0.86 points at 18,546.79 while the banking sector is down 84.32 points at 21,031.53 and the reality sector is down 4.09 points at 1,513.72. The Indian currency is down 0.37% at Rs 63.33 per dollar.
Jan 7, 2015
Mumbai, Jan 07 (ANI): Market Expert Sunil Shah on Wednesday said that after a huge fall in the stock market yesterday, it seems like stability is returning back to the global capital markets. Shah also said that the European market opening later in the day will also have a bearing on India's markets. The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensex on Tuesday fell 854 points as a tumble in oil prices roiled global markets. The National Stock Exchange (NSE) Nifty also dropped points, opening at below the 8,300 mark. However, Shah said that Indian markets will recover more rapidly than others at the time.
Jan 7, 2015
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Increase in interest rates for small saving schemes; investors breathe a sigh of relief
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal