Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 33.17 points up to stand at 27,241.78. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 26.60 points up to stand at 8,200.70. UNIONBANK and AJANTA PHARMA LTD. were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 5.65% and 5.26% along with BAYER CROPSCIENCE LTD. and SYNDICATE BANK with an increase of 5.03% and 4.93% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include RASOYA PROTEINS LTD. and GSFC with a decrease of 4.49% and 3.87% along with OBEROI REALTY LTD. and JUBILANT with a decrease of 3.60% and 3.13% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 7.42 points at 18,455.13 while the banking sector is up 26.66 points at 21,253.30 and the reality sector is up 14.09 points at 1,533.94. The Indian currency is up 0.13% at Rs 63.60 per dollar.
Dec 26, 2014
7 hours ago
- Manchester City players best in the world? Assistant coach Mikel Arteta believes so
- Congress leaders meet CAG seeking a probe into Rafale deal
- Babul Supriyo threatens to break man's legs and 'hand him a crutch' at event for differently-abled
- Nokia X7 display panel image leaks ahead of launch: Key details revealed
- India's market boom is coming to an end, Goldman Sachs warns
- Mega bank merger infuses job loss fears
- Asian business confidence at worst level in 3 years as 'upturn in world economy ends'
- Gold prices fall as investors turn to dollar for safety amid US-China trade tensions
- US justice department probes Tesla over CEO Elon Musk's tweets about taking company private