New Delhi, Dec 20 (ANI): Market Expert Sunil Shah on Saturday welcomed the step as The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) banned 260 entities, including two companies, their promoters, brokers and a clutch of investors, from accessing the securities markets. The SEBI has accused them of misusing the stock exchanges to generate long-term capital gains of around Rs 485 crore, thus converting unaccounted cash into legitimate money. While SEBI would further probe these cases, it has also decided to refer the matter to the Income Tax Department, Enforcement Directorate, Financial Intelligence Unit, among other agencies, for necessary actions on their part. Shah said that this will make Indian market more transparent and trust worthy.
Dec 20, 2014
New Delhi, Dec 19 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 245.27 points up to stand at 27,371.84. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 65.90 points up to stand at 8,225.20. NCC and GUJARAT GAS CO.LTD.were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 10.60% and 10.54% along with JSW ENERGY and ATUL with an increase of 9.55% and 8.62% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Vakrangee Ltd. and IIFL with a decrease 19.14% and 8.45% along with POLARIS and TORNT POWER with a decrease of 6.77% and 6.70% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 23.33 points at 18,366.56 while the banking sector is down 159.61 points at 21,146.99 and the reality sector is down 11.86 points at 1,498.95. The Indian currency is down 0.11% at Rs 63.18 per dollar.
Dec 19, 2014
American Apparel Receives Acquisition Bid from Irving Place Capital; Is Dov Charney Planning a Comeback?
- Mann Kaur: 102-year-old 'miracle' woman throws mean javelin, eyes more athletics medals
- Indian govt develops own game app in bid to counter rising cyber crimes against children
- TN actor and MLA Karunas arrested for controversial remarks on CM Palaniswami, deputy Panneerselvam
- Rajasthan elections 2018: Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra quits BJP; says 'choosing the lotus was a mistake'
- Increase in interest rates for small saving schemes; investors breathe a sigh of relief
- Black Friday that wasn't: Sensex, Nifty crash in jerky trade as NBFCs face rout
- Yes Bank shares dip almost 34%; record-low since market debut
- Amid trade war, Trump admin slaps Chinese military with sanctions for Russian fighter jets, missiles deal