New Delhi, Oct 7 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 296.02 points down to stand at 26,271.97. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 93.15 points down to stand at 7,852.40. GMRINFRA and APOLLOTYRE were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.08% and 6.04% along with HATHWAY and SCI with an increase of 5.34% and 5.29% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include DEN and CYIENT with a decrease of 8.54% and 7.93% along with PETRONET and POLARIS with a decrease of 6.27% and 6.00% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is down 129.45 points at 17,590.42 while the banking sector is down 178.83 points at 17,359.74 and the reality sector is down 19.88 points at 1,551.36. The Indian currency is up 0.32% at Rs 61.41 per dollar.
Oct 7, 2014
New Delhi, Sep 30 (ANI): After Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan left repo rate unchanged at 8 per cent, Market Experts on Tuesday said that the decision was expected due to risk of inflation. Rajan has decided to keep the interest rate unchanged and said that 2016 CPI target of 6% is at risk. Akash Jindal said that RBI seems to be giving importance on reduction of inflation as interest rates are not changed. Market Expert Nirav Vakharia also supported the decision over the aforesaid risk. Rajan on uesday issued his fourth bi-monthly credit policy review.
Sep 30, 2014
New Delhi/Ahmedabad, Sep 29 (ANI): Business leaders on Monday (September 29) hailed Prime Minister Narendra Modi's move as he met the CEOs of 11 top US companies in a bid to lure fresh foreign investments. Indian business leaders have high expectation from Modi's meeting with tycoons. Secretary General of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM), DS Rawat said that Modi is giving clear signal for investment in India. Secretary General, of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) Dr Alwyn Didar Singh said that the move will be a real game changer. President of Gujarat Chambers of Commerce and Industries Rakesh Shah said steps taken by the prime minister will grow industries, ventures and employment in the country which lead to strengthen economy.
Sep 30, 2014
4 hours ago
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: China, South Korea-exclusive variant will leave others envious
- Fifa World Cup 2018: Egypt vs Russia live stream, TV guide and team news
- You can no longer book Uber from Google Maps on Android for reasons unknown
- Good riddance to bad alliance in Jammu & Kashmir; BJP failed the state and country
- China vows to hit back as Trump plans $200 billion additional tariffs on Chinese imports
- FII inflow to drop as US Federal Reserve hikes interest rate
- World's richest person, Jeff Bezos is now wealthier than ever
- Japan's SoftBank to invest up to $100 billion to boost India's solar power production
- Cash-strapped Rolls-Royce to cut 4,600 jobs, mostly in the UK