Bengaluru, Jan 17 (ANI): India's third-biggest software services company Wipro reported a near-9 percent rise in third-quarter profit, slightly ahead of analysts' forecasts, helped by a rise in clients' technology spending. The company said revenue from its IT services business is expected to be $1.8 billion to $1.85 billion in the January-March period, representing growth of up to 3.4 percent from the preceding quarter. Wipro also announced the appointment of Jatin Dalal, senior vice president in the finance department, to take over from retiring CFO Suresh Senapaty from April.
Jan 17, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 16 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 46.34 points up to stand at 28,121.89. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 19.65 points up to stand at 8,513.80. SUNTV and Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 11.04% and 9.09% along with TV18 BROADCAST and SUZLON with an increase of 8.12% and 7.54% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include PMCFIN and RASOYPR with a decrease of 4.92% and 4.49% along with JETAIRWAYS and Welspun Corp LTD. with a decrease of 3.95% and 3.12% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 35.42 points at 19,342.32 while the banking sector is down 1.89 points at 22,021.41 and the reality sector is up 8.44 points at 1,619.87. The Indian currency is up 0.05% at Rs 62.03 per dollar.
Jan 16, 2015
New Delhi, Jan 15 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 728.73 points up to stand at 28,075.55. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 216.60 points up to stand at 8,494.15. HDIL and PRESTIGE were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 18.66% and 11.46% along with INDIABULLS REAL ESTATE LTD. and DLF with an increase of 10.55% and 10.39% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include PIPAVAV DEFENCE AND OFFSHORE ENG LTD. and RASOYA PROTEINS LTD. with a decrease of 4.50% and 4.30% along with JETAIRWAYS and BERGER PAINTS INDIA LTD. with a decrease of 3.67% and 3.35% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 402.26 points at 19,306.90 while the banking sector is up 701.71 points at 22,023.30 and the reality sector is up 119.25 points at 1,611.43.The Indian currency is down 0.56% at Rs 61.83 per dollar.
Jan 15, 2015
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- China's stealth fighter J-20 flaunts missile payload: Should India be worried?
- Union minister Ananth Kumar passes away at 59; PM Modi, President Kovind offer condolences
- Big relief for Deloitte, PwC, EY and KPMG as govt panel allows permission to operate in India
- Demonetisation spurred Indian economy's digitisation but issues remain
- Hiring shoots up to 21% in October; IT sector leads
- India hopes to calm fuel price stink with basmati fragrance
- Visa and Mastercard losing market share in India to indigenous UPI, RuPay card: Arun Jaitley