New Delhi, Jan 7 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 78.64 points down to stand at 26,908.82. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 25.25 points down to stand at 8,102.10. BEL and JUBILANT LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 12.38% and 11.11% along with SUZLON and UBL with an increase of 9.20% and 8.35% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include PMCFIN and RASOYA PROTEINS LTD. with a decrease of 4.95% and 4.67% along with IRB and GREAT EASTERN SHIPPING CO.LTD. with a decrease of 4.39% and 4.11% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 0.86 points at 18,546.79 while the banking sector is down 84.32 points at 21,031.53 and the reality sector is down 4.09 points at 1,513.72. The Indian currency is down 0.37% at Rs 63.33 per dollar.
Jan 7, 2015
Mumbai, Jan 07 (ANI): Market Expert Sunil Shah on Wednesday said that after a huge fall in the stock market yesterday, it seems like stability is returning back to the global capital markets. Shah also said that the European market opening later in the day will also have a bearing on India's markets. The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensex on Tuesday fell 854 points as a tumble in oil prices roiled global markets. The National Stock Exchange (NSE) Nifty also dropped points, opening at below the 8,300 mark. However, Shah said that Indian markets will recover more rapidly than others at the time.
Jan 7, 2015
Dholera, Gujrat To Kick-Off India's Ambitious Smart Cities Infra Project, Japanese Investment at $4.5bn
New Delhi, Jan 5 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 45.58 points down to stand at 27,842.32. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 17.05 points down to stand at 8,378.40. ASHOK LEYLAND LTD. and GSPL were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 7.96% and 7.75% along with VA TECH WABAG LTD. and UNITECH with an increase of 5.67% and 4.60% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include IRB and PERSISTENT SYSTEMS LTD. with a decrease of 6.96% and 6.52% along with RattanIndia Power Limited and PMCFIN with a decrease of 4.97% and 4.95% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 213.82 points at 19,050.97 while the banking sector is down 54.98 points at 21,775.12 and the reality sector is up 3.51 points at 1,575.41. The Indian currency is up 0.05% at Rs 63.31 per dollar.
Jan 5, 2015
1 hour ago
- Bill Cosby sentenced to 3-10 years in prison for sexual assault; a #MeToo victory
- Aadhaar verdict LIVE: Judges rule that Aadhaar is constitutionally valid but with a few changes
- Infamous Bellandur lake in Bengaluru spews 10-foot high toxic foam
- Non-bailable warrant issued against Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida for 'leaking sensitive information'
- Heavy job cuts in telecom sectors; Reliance Jio comes to rescue
- Wary finance ministry nudges RBI to tackle worsening credit crunch
- TCS sued by 3 US citizens over employment discrimination
- IBM to join hands with government bodies, public sector banks for agri solutions
- Who is Ajit Mohan? All you need to know about Facebook India's new chief