Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said on 19 January that he did not have a set timetable for raising British interest rates and wanted to see faster growth and stronger underlying inflation first. Carney said global and domestic growth had proved weaker than he had expected in the middle of the year, when he predicted that a decision on when to raise interest rates would have come into sharper relief by early 2016.
Jan 19, 2016
- Good Friday break for equities, forex, commodities, and bond markets
- Reliance to sell 25% in refining business to Aramco to pare Rs 3 lakh crore debt?
- Jet Airways gets a lifeline, airline likely to get Rs 1000 crore on Monday
- Jet Airways to temporarily shut operations tonight, last flight at 10.30 pm
- Is Air India skidding down the same road that Jet and Kingfisher took?