Refugees reaching Greece to be returned to Turkey under EU deal; human rights groups call it 'illegal,' 'immoral'
Demonstrations rumbled for the second straight night in Sao Paulo and Brasilia on 17 March, after leftist former leader Luiz Inacio â€˜Lulaâ€™ da Silva was sworn in as President Dilma Rousseffs chief of staff and a judge sought to block the move. Protesters filled the streets of Sao Paulos main avenue in anger that Lulas appointment will shield the former president from prosecutors who have charged him with money laundering and fraud as part of a sweeping graft probe centred on state oil company Petrobras.
Mar 18, 2016
Photos of CMs, union ministers can appear in govt ads, Supreme Court says ahead of assembly elections
US Secretary of State John Kerry on Thursday declared that violence by Islamic State (Isis) against religious minorities was genocide, saying the United States would do everything it could to hold the militant group accountable.
Mar 17, 2016
George Papandreou, Greek prime minister from 2009 to 2011, says UK should stay in European Union ahead of Brexit vote.
Mar 17, 2016
- Watch BSP MP Rakesh Pandey's son brandish a gun outside Hyatt hotel in Delhi [Video]
- #MeToo: Union Minister MJ Akbar to have 6 lawyers and not 97, confirms law firm
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: Govt wants Telangana to return Rs 190 cr after it fails to meet PM's housing targets
- #MeToo: MJ Akbar returns to India; will issue statement on sexual harassment allegations
- US airman who claimed to have seen alien evidence on moon dies in horrific bike accident
- Jamal Khashoggi was beheaded and cut into pieces alive after gruesome 7-minute torture
- #MeToo: I was stripped at 7, gang-raped at 12, tasted my own blood performing oral sex, reveals Harish Iyer
- Sabarimala LIVE: Protests intensify as women wait to enter temple; section 144 imposed
- UFO researcher spots cube-sized structure entering Sun from NASA's SOHO feed