SeaWorld announced plans on Monday (9 November) to phase out the signature orca whale show at its San Diego park next year, after long-running criticism of its treatment of the captive marine mammals. The move, which follows a vote by the California Coastal Commission last month barring the park from continuing to breed killer whales, or orcas, in captivity, was announced during a webcast company presentation to investors and the media.
Nov 10, 2015
- Good Friday break for equities, forex, commodities, and bond markets
- Reliance to sell 25% in refining business to Aramco to pare Rs 3 lakh crore debt?
- Jet Airways gets a lifeline, airline likely to get Rs 1000 crore on Monday
- Jet Airways to temporarily shut operations tonight, last flight at 10.30 pm
- Is Air India skidding down the same road that Jet and Kingfisher took?