West Bengal communalised? Imam fatwa and 'excommunication' combines with Islamised textbooks for children
Happy Pongal 2017: Best SMS, wishes in English, Gif images, picture messages, photos to share on Whatsapp, Facebook
Twitterati call for arrest of Kolkata Imam who threatened to behead Tarek Fatah after issuing fatwa on PM Modi [VIDEO]
Hundreds of thousands of barefoot devotees joined a procession in Manila on 9 January, to honour a centuries-old black statue of Jesus Christ. The Black Nazarene, a 17th century icon carved in Mexico, is believed to have healing powers and can grant miracles. The procession has been celebrated for more than 200 years in the Philippiness capital, where around 80 per cent of the population is Roman Catholic.
Jan 9, 2017
Christians around the world are celebrating Christmas on 7 January. Russian Orthodox, Georgian Orthodox, Serbian and Jerusalem churches celebrate Christmas 13 days after Roman Catholic Christmas.This shift was caused in the early 20th century, when the Russian Orthodox Church decided to stay on the Julian calendar instead of moving to the Gregorian calendar, like most other Christians.Russian Orthodox Christians mark the beginning of Christmas festivities with a special midnight mass. President Vladimir Putin attended a service in a monastery in Novgorod.
Jan 7, 2017
- ISIS claims responsibility for Sri Lankan bombings: 'This bloody day is our reward to you'
- Fallen angels and Hindu Gods may be aliens from deep space: Conspiracy theorists
- Sri Lanka attacks carried out by suicide bombers: Investigator
- Bike-borne suicide bombers to strike during elections in Kashmir, warns Intel
- Indian-American doctor charged with healthcare fraud in US