The Dalai Lama has had an emotional reunion with the paramilitary guard who escorted him to safety nearly 60 years ago. The Tibetan spiritual leader fled to India following a failed uprising against China. The Dalai Lama is on a 12-day visit to Indias north east region. He will also visit the hill town of Tawang despite strong protests from Beijing. China has ruled Tibet with an iron fist since it was peacefully liberated by the Peoples Liberation Army in 1950. China denies any repression in Tibet and says its rule has brought development to a once backward and poverty-stricken region.
Apr 4, 2017
Twitter does its own version of 'Yo Mama' jokes after article claims Aurangzeb was not really a bigot
A young girl provoked much hilarity in Rome on Wednesday, 22 March, when she snatched Pope Francis’s hat. Three-year-old Shirley, an American, was in town visiting her godfather, a blogger named Mountain Butorac who lives in the city and captured the incident, and the pope’s delighted reaction.
Mar 23, 2017
- Kunal Kamra's flight video on Arnab Goswami goes viral; Republic TV owner praised for his tolerance
- Nashik bus accident: Death toll mounts to 25, probe underway
- Govt brought CAA to correct historical injustice, says PM Modi
- More time, more liquor: Good news for tipplers in UP
- After PM Modi, Rajnikanth in Man vs Wild with Bear Grylls at Bandipur forest