Jakartas Christian governor, Basuki Tjahaja Purnama, popularly known as Ahok, was found guilty of blasphemy against Islam and sentenced to two years in jail on 9 May. The trial was seen as a test of religious tolerance in Indonesia, the worlds largest Muslim-majority nation.
May 9, 2017
Pope Francis has visited Egypt three weeks after at least 45 people died in Isis attacks there. He laid flowers at Cairos largest Coptic cathedral, the scene of an attack last December. Francis was accompanied by the Coptic Pope Tawadros II.10% of Egyptians are Christian Copts, who were targeted in several attacks in the last months. During the two-day trip, Francis called for peace between Christians and Muslims in Egypt.
Apr 29, 2017
Jammu and Kahsmir: Farooq Abdullah insults security forces again, says mention of Kupwara martyrs insults Muslims
Do not politicise Triple Talaq issue: PM Modi urges Muslim community on the occasion of Basava Jayanti
BJP MLA leads rampage on police in Agra, a day after new UP DGP Sulkhan Singh promises action against goondaism
Ravi Shankar Prasad stirs controversy by claiming 'Muslims don't vote for BJP' but it still gave them 'proper sanctity'
- Kunal Kamra's flight video on Arnab Goswami goes viral; Republic TV owner praised for his tolerance
- Nashik bus accident: Death toll mounts to 25, probe underway
- Govt brought CAA to correct historical injustice, says PM Modi
- More time, more liquor: Good news for tipplers in UP
- After PM Modi, Rajnikanth in Man vs Wild with Bear Grylls at Bandipur forest