Syrian President Bashar al-Assad prayed for Eid al-Adha in a mosque in Daraya. The city was taken back from rebels last month, marking a blow to the rebellion.
Sep 12, 2016
Read the full speech Swami Vivekananda delivered on communal harmony on Sept. 11, 1893 in Chicago [PHOTO]
There are many different veils worn throughout the world by Muslim women. IBTimes UK takes a look at the four most common ones, what they are and where do they come from.
Sep 9, 2016
Disaster struck in September 2015 as two groups of pilgrims collided at a crossroads of two a narrow streets killing at least 2,426 people. There are various factors that affected the stampede including: pilgrims rushing to complete the time-sensitive rituals, heat and exhaustion, masses of people pushing in opposite directions, and confusion of first-timers. This hasnt been the only incident; hundreds of other pilgrims have been killed during the same ceremony in years past but 2015â€™s disaster was the deadliest at Mina since 1990 when 1,426 people died. This year Saudi Arabia have to step up security after Iran called its organisers incompetent. Iran, Saudi Arabiaâ€™s regional rival, blamed the disaster on organisersâ€™ incompetence straining international relations.
Sep 7, 2016
Evening Wrap: Iranian leader Khamenei calls Saudi royals 'evil'; Eid al-Adha holiday changed; India may shun Champions Trophy, and more
- How did Sachin Pilot and Sara Abdullah meet? A love story that goes beyond religion and politics
- Mysterious UFO spotted near SpaceX dragon before interruption in live feed
- Thanjavur Temple case: Relief for Art of Living after Madras HC recognises permission for event
- India's death penalty problem: Speed up executions or rethink on judicial murder?
- From luxury yachts to fancy watches, Vijay Mallya no longer owns fabled assets