Maboe, 43, and her son Motsamai, 6, are HIV positive. They now receive regular treatment close to home through the Vodafone Foundations mobile treatment programme in Lesotho. The programme combines Vodafone’s M-Pesa mobile money service with travelling clinics and a smartphone app which enables the tracking of patients in remote areas. The Vodafone Foundations travelling clinics use a fleet of 4 x 4 vehicles to provide on-site HIV testing in remote areas as part of a wider effort to provide basic primary healthcare.
Dec 1, 2016
- US Open champion Naomi Osaka revamps her garage with 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- China's stealth fighter J-20 flaunts missile payload: Should India be worried?
- India witnessed 4.3 lakh cyber attacks from China, Russia and US, reveals report
- Motorola Moto X4 gets Android Pie in India: All you need to know
- Apple Watch Series 4 review: The best smart fitness and health companion. Period
- Why did Flipkart CEO resign? Binny Bansal resignation issue explained
- Sony Android Pie release tracker: Xperia XZ1, Compact, XZ Premium get latest Google mobile OS