Chennai, Nov 11 (ANI): Like the first game between India's reigning World Chess champion Viswanathan Anand and Norwegian sensation Magnus Carlsen the second game which took place in Chennai between the two chess players also ended in a draw. Chess grandmaster Anand had a tough competition from Carlsen and promised better games in the next matches. Carlsen of Norway was also of the view that it was a repetition of the first game. Anand, who played with black pieces in the first game, played with white against his challenger in the second game.
Nov 11, 2013
EPL Results: Robin Van Persie Hurts Arsenal Yet Again as Manchester United Savour Monumental Victory
Chennai, Nov 10 (ANI): India's reigning World Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand opened the defence of his crown against Norwegian sensation Magnus Carlsen with a tense draw in the first game in Chennai. Both players agreed to draw after 16 moves each to remain even.
Nov 10, 2013
New Delhi, Nov 09 (ANI): Hockey India CEO, Elena Norman, expressed her happiness as India will be hosting the 2018 Men's Hockey World Cup, the second time in a span of eight years. The announcement was made by The International Hockey Federation (IHF) and Norman said on Saturday that hosting such a big event will be a great encouragement for the young hockey players. Norman said that a lot was being done by Hockey India to improve and encourage the standards of the national sport of India, hockey.
Nov 9, 2013
Kolkata, Nov 9 (ANI): Former West Indies captain Brian Lara said on Saturday that he is looking forward to see cricket's most prolific run-scorer Sachin Tendulkar's 200th and final Test match against West Indies. Tendulkar, who made his international debut against Pakistan in 1989, would play the 200th Test match of his career at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai against the West Indies between November 14 and 18, before bringing down the curtain on a glorious 24-year international career and retiring from all forms of the game.
Nov 9, 2013
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Rescue personnel on standby as storm set to reach TN coast by evening
- GSLV Mk III: ISRO launches India's heaviest rocket from Sriharikota
- Drunk Irish passenger assaults Air India cabin crew for not serving more wine
- Twitter storm rages over US President Donald Trump's Diwali tweet
- Virat Kohli on sledging: I was immature but if Australia wants to play a certain way, we will reciprocate
- ATP Finals 2018 semi-final scenario: How can Roger Federer qualify for last-four round
- Hong Kong Open 2018: Badminton live stream, TV listings and draw preview
- Manish Pandey, Ben Stokes, Jaydev Unadkat to be released by their franchises: Report
- Shahid Afridi clarifies his 'Pakistan doesn't want Kashmir' statement