Chennai, Nov 10 (ANI): India's reigning World Chess Champion Viswanathan Anand opened the defence of his crown against Norwegian sensation Magnus Carlsen with a tense draw in the first game in Chennai. Both players agreed to draw after 16 moves each to remain even.
Nov 10, 2013
New Delhi, Nov 09 (ANI): Hockey India CEO, Elena Norman, expressed her happiness as India will be hosting the 2018 Men's Hockey World Cup, the second time in a span of eight years. The announcement was made by The International Hockey Federation (IHF) and Norman said on Saturday that hosting such a big event will be a great encouragement for the young hockey players. Norman said that a lot was being done by Hockey India to improve and encourage the standards of the national sport of India, hockey.
Nov 9, 2013
Kolkata, Nov 9 (ANI): Former West Indies captain Brian Lara said on Saturday that he is looking forward to see cricket's most prolific run-scorer Sachin Tendulkar's 200th and final Test match against West Indies. Tendulkar, who made his international debut against Pakistan in 1989, would play the 200th Test match of his career at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai against the West Indies between November 14 and 18, before bringing down the curtain on a glorious 24-year international career and retiring from all forms of the game.
Nov 9, 2013
Kolkata / Bangalore /New Delhi, Nov 07 (ANI): Cricket fans expressed disappointment over Indian batting maestro, Sachin Tendulkar's dismissal at 10 runs by West Indies off-spinner Shane Shillingford during his 199th match in Kolkata on Thursday. Fans painted in colours of the Indian national flag feigned apathy to Tendulkar's dismissal pointing out that their idol had another opportunity to make his fans proud. Meanwhile, praising Tendulkar, former Indian cricketer, Kirti Azad said that Sachin's dismissal was merely a human error. Tendulkar, who made his international debut against Pakistan in 1989 as a 16-year-old, would play the 200th Test match of his career at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai against the West Indies between November 14 and 18, before bringing down the curtain on a glorious 24-year international career and retiring from all forms of the game.
Nov 7, 2013
- Man escapes death after coming under goods train at Andhra Pradesh's Anantapur station
- BREAKING: Nissan Chairman Carlos Ghosn arrested for under-reporting income
- Amritsar blast: Punjab CM Amarinder Singh suspects ISI hand behind grenade attack
- Sabarimala: 'Devotees not terrorists, why need 15,000 cops here,' asks KJ Alphons
- Australia vs India T20I series preview: Live stream, TV guide, venues and full schedule
- India vs Australia: It will be an interesting Test series but hosts will win 4-0: Glenn McGrath
- Who is Alexander Zverev? Meet the latest superstar who stunned Djokovic to win ATP Finals 2018
- Wayne Rooney retirement: Record England goalscorer says this team might just bring it home
- Faf du Plessis warns Australia against riling up Virat Kohli, opens up about 'silent treatment'