Science & Health
Mars was volcanically active for at least two billion years – almost half of the Red Planet’s history. By analysing a meteorite discovered in Africa in 2012, researchers have been able to show Mars has some of the longest-lived volcanoes in the entire solar system. The 200g meteorite, Northwest Africa 7635, was found in Algeria.
Feb 2, 2017
A giant image of the Cat’s Paw Nebula and the Lobster Nebula meeting in space has been released by the European Southern Observatory. The two-billion-pixel image shows the two glowing clouds of gas and dust over distances of up to 8,000 light years.
Feb 1, 2017
The European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites has produced an animation that summarises the status of sea ice concentration in the Arctic and Antarctic regions over the whole year.The group published the animation amid reports of how the ice levels at the polar caps are at a low. It cited a report stating the Arctic low ice level is due to global warming and unusual weather events while Antarctica’s low is due to a natural variability. In the animation above you can see how Arctic and Antarctic sea ice extent changed during the year.
Jan 31, 2017
- New study unveils more mindblowing details about interstellar visitor Oumuamua
- Coronavirus vaccine development moving positively: Bharat Biotech CEO
- Coronavirus only tip of an iceberg; more outbreaks to follow, warns top virologist
- Who is Rajiv V. Joshi, winner of 'Inventor of the Year' award: His remarkable feats
- Coronavirus vaccine could be ready by October, Pfizer CEO claims as clinical trials underway