Science & Health
This video looks into Phytoplankton, the most abundant type of organism that lives in the ocean, from satellite imagery.
Sep 9, 2016
Astronomers at University of Surrey found evidence of black holes in the globular cluster NGC 6101. Using computer simulation they showed that the clusters strange appearance can be explained if stellar mass black holes are still present in the cluster. Until now it was assumed that black holes in globular clusters usually are ejected after their creation.
Sep 8, 2016
The Terzan 5 cluster could shed light on how the Milky Way was formed after an Italian-led team of astronomers found it contained two very different types of stars; some very young and some very old. The 7 billion year age gap between the two different types of stars suggests that star formation in Terzan 5 was not continuous but happened in two very distinct bursts.
Sep 7, 2016
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Aliens waiting for humans in interstellar space? Harvard researcher claims so
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Existence of alien life is something we can never cover up, says NASA official
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists