Science & Health
â€œSlow danceâ€ is a picture frame that makes real objects appear to move in slow motion. By taking advantage of the limits of human visual perception, this optical illusion sculpture appears to be make objects move in slow motion. Created by Jeff Lieberman, a designer and engineer, the frame is available on Kickstarter.
Sep 4, 2016
A huge ice volcano has been discovered on Ceres, the dwarf planet that sits between Mars and Jupiter. Using imaging data from Nasaâ€™s Dawn spacecraft, a team of scientists say they have found a 4km high cryovolcano formation, which has been dubbed Ahuna Mons.
Sep 1, 2016
Michelangelo secretly painted symbols of the female anatomy on the Sistine Chapel, according to a team of researchers that used imaging software to analyse the ceiling. A team led by Deives de Campos of the UFCSPA in Brazil claims there are several representations of female anatomy. They think Michelangelo did this to spite the church as they ignored the female image and also banned human dissection for study.
Sep 1, 2016
- Harmone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Why International media outlets connecting mysterious radio bursts to extraterrestrial aliens?
- Aliens waiting for humans in interstellar space? Harvard researcher claims so