Science & Health
Elon Musks Space X is developing a interplanetary rocket and capsule with the ultimate goal of colonising Mars. The project has estimated development costs of $10bn (Â£7.7bn), but is aiming to be able to carry 100 passengers with cargo and fly every 26 months to Mars. Another of Musks aims is to bring costs down to an affordable level to attract volunteers, as he is hoping Space X tickets to Mars will eventually cost $100,000 (Â£77,000).
Sep 28, 2016
SpaceX boss Elon Musk wants a city in Mars; these photos will help you decide if you are ready to be a Martian yet
NASAs Hubble Space Telescope took direct ultraviolet images of the icy moon Europa transiting across the disk of Jupiter. Out of ten observations, Hubble saw what may be water vapor plumes on three of the images. This adds another piece of supporting evidence to the existence of water vapour plumes on Europa. Hubble also detected spectroscopic signatures of water vapor in 2012. The existence of water vapor plumes could provide a future Europa flyby mission the opportunity to study the conditions and habitability of Europas subsurface ocean.
Sep 27, 2016
- Hormone-eating macrophages behind high blood pressure, finds new study
- Planetary alignment to be blamed? Magnitude 6.7 earthquake jolts Chile
- China's Chang'e-4 sprouts cotton plant on Moon, and now its dead
- Khardung La avalanche: 4 killed, 7 trapped under snow in Ladakh
- Bernard b, nearest exoplanet found; Alien life possible there, say Spanish astrophysicists