Science & Health
Residents in the Bolivian city of El Alto, a chaotic sprawl high in the Andes, were surprised when heavy winds hit the city on 29 December. Local media reported that 90 houses were partially destroyed in three neighbourhoods of District Eight, due to the gale force winds.
Dec 31, 2015
A lorry driver and his passenger were among those rescued from their vehicles as the River Nith in Dumfries in Scotland burst its banks on 30 December, after heavy rain and gales from Storm Frank battered northern parts of the UK. Separately, 12 people were rescued from a bus that became trapped in floodwaters in nearby Ayrshire, both in southwest Scotland.
Dec 31, 2015
- Find Google's targeted ads invasive? Here's how to turn it off
- MysteryBot malware alert: Facebook, WhatsApp and several banking apps potentially under attack
- Who is Sarah Ferguson? Will Duchess of York sit with Prince Andrew for Princess Eugenie's wedding?
- Meghan Markle adopts Princess Diana's nickname for Queen
- Was Albert Einstein a racist? That's what his personal diary reveals about him
- Volcanoes produce music deep inside them and it could help prepare for eruptions
- NASA accidentally exposed life on Mars? Bizarre alien figure spotted in shocking clip
- Why is the US healthcare most expensive in the world? Here's the answer
- Scientists discover over 100 planets with possible habitable exomoons