Saarc Summit: Pakistan isolated after Maldives condemns terror, joins India and 5 other nations in boycott
On 29 September India evacuated thousands of people within six miles of the de facto border with Pakistan as a precautionary measure after surgical strikes. The strikes were the first direct military response to an attack on an army base, and raised the possibility of military escalation between the neighbours that could wreck the 2003 Kashmir ceasefire. Kashmir has been divided between India and Pakistan since 1947. India said on 28 September it would boycott a regional summit hosted by Pakistan in November.
Sep 30, 2016
- HAL Tejas vs Pakistan-China's JF-17: Will India's LCA emerge as the favourite for Malaysia deal?
- Andhra candidates declare crores of assets while filing for nomination ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- Here's all you need to know about IAF's game-changing Chinook helicopters [VIDEO]
- Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav to contest from Mulayam's Azamgarh seat
- India's defence manufacturing get big boost as Chile shows interest to buy BrahMos missile