A video, filmed minutes after a blast at St Petersburg metro station in Russia, shows people escaping the train carriage, with some lying injured on the platform. At least 11 people were killed and 45 others injured after an explosion rocked the subway on 3 April. An anti-terror investigation has been launched but other possible causes are also being investigated. Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has described the explosion as a terrorist attack.
Apr 4, 2017
Argentine President Mauricio Macri has told families of soldiers killed in the Falklands War that Argentinas sovereignty claims are irrevocable as the South American nation marks the 35th anniversary of the arrival of troops to the archipelago, a potent national symbol.The 74-day conflict over the remote South Atlantic Ocean archipelago, which also killed about 255 British troops, remains a source of great sadness for Argentines who continue to stake their claim to the islands – known in Argentina as Isla Malvinas.Under President Macri, both sides have sought common ground on the British-held islands by agreeing on fishing and flights rights. Recently the Argentina and UK governments agreed on procedures to identify the remains of unknown soldiers on the island.A survey in 2013 showed 99.8% of residents preferred the Falklands to remain a British territory.
Apr 3, 2017
Demonstrators clash with police on 2 April in Ecuador as leftist government candidate Lenin Moreno appears poised to win the presidential election, while conservative Guillermo Lasso calls for a recount.
Apr 3, 2017
2 hours ago
- Muslims have right to kill French people; how ex-Malaysia PM justifies brutal murders
- Three BJP Yuva Morcha leaders killed by terrorists in J&K's Kulgam; PM Modi condemns attack
- Now Saudi Arabia tampers with Indian map on currency note; J&K, PoK shown separate
- 'PAK Army chief Bajwa was perspiring, legs were shaking': Pakistan MP recalls IAF pilot Abhinandan's release
- PAK minister admits Imran Khan's involvement in Pulwama attack; calls it 'great achievement' [Watch]