The measures are aimed at avoiding last week's chaos, when protesters blocked airport approach roads, threw debris on the train track and trashed the MTR subway station in Tung Chung.
Sep 7, 2019
Reports suggested the announcement will likely be announced at the meeting with 43 pro-Beijing officials at her official residence in Government Houses today.
Sep 4, 2019
Lam clarified that she never contemplated resignation over the ongoing protests and asserted that the city could solve the issues without interventions from China.
Sep 3, 2019
India had asked Pakistan to provide "unimpeded consular access" to Jadhav, in an environment "free from the fear of intimidation and reprisal."
Sep 2, 2019
Police used tear gas after some protesters threw Molotov cocktails and bricks and others tore up "smart" lamp posts equipped with surveillance cameras.
Aug 24, 2019
UN replies to Priyanka Chopra's 'patriotic' tweet row; says 'she retains right to speak in personal capacity'
The ongoing protests in Hong Kong have led to severe deterioration of diplomatic relations between China and Canada after a missing British Consulate was detained by Chinese authorities.
Aug 23, 2019
Experts have said that Trump's plans would afoul the US constitution's 14th amendment guaranteeing birthright citizenship.
Aug 22, 2019
Carrie Lam said that the extradition bill is 'dead', which critics believe is a political manoeuvre for the bill's revival in the future.
Aug 20, 2019
The peaceful demonstration turned violent late Tuesday after police armed with pepper spray and batons clashed with the protestors outside the terminal.
Aug 14, 2019
- Narendra Modi Birthday: These pictures will proof that 'Modi ji' is Bollywood's favourite Prime Minister
- Jaya Bachchan slams Ravi Kishan for defaming Bollywood, says 'Don't Bite Hand That Feeds You'
- From Bole Chudiyan to Kamli: Bollywood song recreations by this Indonesian dancer are on point| Watch
- Breaking: 9 Al-Qaeda terrorists arrested in multiple raids by NIA in Kerala, Bengal
- Good girls go to bed early: Former SC Judge Katju called 'new creep in town' over sexist comment
- India-Japan relations have progressed, FDI inflows spiked: Jaishankar
- Ex-IPS officers disapprove Julio Ribeiro's stand on Delhi riots; support Delhi Police
- Atheist Armin Navabi creates sexy Hindu Goddess design; faces wrath