While the State Department in a recent statement did not comment on the talks related to human rights, it said that the US continues its plan to propose the UN Security Council talks with North Korea this week.
Dec 10, 2019
The bill seeks to provide Indian nationality to Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, Parsis, Jains and Buddhists fleeing persecution in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
Dec 10, 2019
India hits back after US commission seeks sanction against Amit Shah if CAB gets Rajya Sabha clearance
Xinjiang Governor Shohrat Zakir accused US of threatening the region's social stability and said the bill was a smear campaign aimed to sow discord among ethnic groups in China.
Dec 9, 2019
Chinese Governor displays past Xinjiang terror attack clips, says US Uighur bill violates international law
The sweep by the Chinese government began on July 9, 2015, after around 300 Chinese human rights lawyers were detained, questioned in what was later called as "709 crackdown".
Nov 14, 2019
Saudi authorities have also cracked down on dissent, arresting scores of critics including clerics, intellectuals and activists.
Nov 12, 2019
While Lam had announced plans of withdrawing the extradition law in September, reports suggest protesters demand "five demands, not one less" from lawmakers.
Oct 23, 2019
- BJP loses wicket in Maharashtra; Eknath Khadse to play for NCP instead
- Frozen noodles kill Chinese family; 9 members died within days of consuming poisonous meal
- Buy land anywhere in Kashmir; Yogi Adityanath brags about Article 370 abrogation
- Pak Army vs Sindh Police: Pakistan on brink of civil war; what's happening | Explained
- In historic break from canon law, Pope endorses same sex civil unions as 'children of God'