Shadow chancellor said a Labour government would aggressively balance the books in power.
Sep 28, 2015
A year ago, Indias diamond capital hit the headlines when one of the largest polishing companies in the western city of Surat treated hundreds of employees to bonuses in the form of Fiat cars, apartments and jewellery. This year, theres no sign of a repeat bonanza in a city that by some estimates polishes about 80 percent of the worlds diamonds.
Sep 26, 2015
The end of 2015 could finally see a rate hike from the US Federal Reserve, almost nine years after it signalled a regime of low rates in order to help global growth. The Feds chair Janet Yellen on Thursday 24 September, said she was confident of a US recovery amid a sluggish global economy and reiterated plans to withdraw the central banks extraordinary stimulus by year-end as long as inflation was stable and employment levels remained strong.
Sep 25, 2015
- England v Panama live stream: Watch Fifa World Cup 2018 Group G match live on TV, online
- Blood Moon: July 27 total lunar eclipse will be the longest one of the 21st century
- Kolkata stares at Delhi-like water crisis as groundwater levels deplete at alarming rate
- Kerala: Messi fan kills self? Body recovered from river days after Argentina's defeat
- As countermeasure, India hikes import duty on 29 US products
- Chanda Kochhar exit: This is how ICICI Bank board edged out 'aggressive, defiant' CEO
- Air Asia passengers complain of suffocation in 'smoky' flight, accuse airline of ill-treatment
- Sistema exits Reliance Communications; sells its 10 percent stake
- Trump's trade war heats up with tariffs imposed by EU, India