The Greater Manchester Police have released CCTV footage from a dramatic kidnapping and robbery in Astley on 19 September. A woman was grabbed by two men off the street, forced into a van, and then taken to the Old Boathouse pub on Higher Green Lane where they demanded money from her. She was punched twice in the head, and the men threatened to throw her in a nearby canal. The two suspects then escaped in the van, which was later found burnt out. Police are now appealing for witnesses.
Dec 13, 2016
Kolkata terror threat: Jaish-e-Mohammed issues threat to blow up Howrah station, 'kill Mamata Banerjee'
Istanbul bombings: At least 38 killed, 166 wounded in double explosions outside soccer stadium in Turkey
Activists have protested against the Philippines anti-drug operations on International Human Rights Day.The rally took place outside Rodrigo Duterte’s presidential palace.Since Duterte took office on 1 July he has imposed a bloody crackdown on drug dealers and users.Several thousand suspects are said to have been killed by police and assassins.The activists believe drug use could be fought more effectively by eradicating poverty.
Dec 10, 2016
AgustaWestland chopper scam: CBI arrests former air force chief SP Tyagi and 2 others for Rs 450 crore bribery
International Anti-Corruption Day 2016: Theme, 15 best quotes by famous personalities on corruption and bribery
Opecs surprise decision to cut oil production by 1.2 million barrels per day has boosted the crude oil price. Financial columnist Edmund Shing asks whats next for the oil industry and whether now is a good time to invest in companies dealing with crude.
Dec 7, 2016
- What is West Nile Virus? 7-year-old boy dies in Kerala, was in isolation ward for last 10 days
- Aliens secretly living in Saturn's moon Pan? Researcher analyses NASA images to prove it
- Manohar Parrikar to be accorded state funeral with full military honours at Miramar beach
- List of names written on New Zealand terror accused Brenton Tarrant's guns
- New Zealand mosque shootings toll rises to 50, families wait to bury their dead