Two Russian teenagers streamed themselves shooting at police officers on live-vlogging site Periscope before taking their own lives. The incident reportedly occurred after the pair had run away from their parents. Before the shooting was underway, Denis posted a photographs on Instagram showing guns, ammunition, walkie-talkies and dollar bills. They also left goodbye messages to friends and family on social media. Katya said they had acquired the guns from a safe in the cottage, which belonged to her stepfather, a former member of the military. The pair fled their homes three days previously after an argument with her mother, Katya says – at which point Denis shoots her in the leg with an air pistol. In the footage, Denis says: If we dont surrender, we die. But if we surrender, we will never see each other again. In a statement, Russian police said officers had not returned fire and had tried to persuade the pair to give themselves up. When they stormed the house, they found clear signs of suicide.
Nov 15, 2016
Evening wrap: Army foils infiltration bid, strong aftershocks to NZ quake, Supermoon details and more
The Vietnam authorities have destroyed 2,177.5 kg of elephant ivory and 70.1 kg of rhinoceros horns. It is the first time it has taken such action, intended to demonstrate its commitment to wildlife protection.Vietnam is one of the largest consumer markets for rhino horn and a key transit point for smugglers transporting ivory to China.Around 330 African elephants and 23 rhinos were killed to make the destroyed haul, which has an estimated black market value of more than $7 million.
Nov 12, 2016
6 hours ago
- Premier League transfer news: Liverpool and Roma agree record fee for goalkeeper Alisson
- World Emoji Day: A sneak peek at Apple's new emoticons coming in iOS 12, Mojave macOS
- European Union's approach to Trump's trade war – quotas and tariffs
- India squad for England Tests announced: Pant gets maiden call up, doubts over Bhuvneshwar's fitness
- US Prez Trump plans new makeover for his 'incredible' Air Force One
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle meet Nelson Mandela's granddaughter at London exhibition
- Tehreek-e-Labbaik Pakistan, Allah-o-Akbar Tehreek among hardline Islamic groups to contest general elections
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk apologises for calling Thai diver a 'paedophile'
- IIT engineers all set to challenge draconian law criminalising homosexuality