CCTV footage has been released showing the moment a woman was left paralysed after a car drove onto the pavement. The video, released by the Metropolitan Police, captures the incident which happened on the 29 May in Norwood, London.The woman who was paralysed was 30-year-old Chanelle Higgins. According to to the police appeal, Higgins was paralysed from the waist down and is confined to a wheelchair.The police said that on 16 June a 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. He was released on bail to return on a date in December pending further enquiries.
Nov 29, 2016
A footballer once on Manchester City’s books has said that the child sex abuse scandal in British soccer could widen to reveal “hundreds, if not thousands” of victims. Jason Dunford, a former youth team player with Manchester City, is one of four people to waive their right to anonymity and appear on a BBC television programme about the abuse. The players came forward in the wake of former Crew Alexandra player Andy Woodward revealing he was molested as a boy by convicted paedophile Barry Bennell. Dunford said Bennell had also tried to abuse him.
Nov 28, 2016
- Sanjay Dutt's sister blasts Ram Gopal Varma; misses watching Richa Sharma, Trishala in biopic
- BMW G 310 R, G 310 GS: A closer look at price, features, specs, colours and more
- Three people in UP suffer severe burns after monkeys drop crude bombs on them
- Suspected of smuggling cows, man lynched in Alwar
- What is Meghalayan Age? Know about the new discovery in Earth's history
- Check out Priya Prakash Varrier's reaction on Rahul Gandhi's wink in Parliament [Video]
- Passports of 8 NRI husbands cancelled for dumping their wives
- After saying women shouldn't pluck and shape eyebrows, Darul Uloom issues fatwa against waxing and shaving
- Shiroor Mutt pontiff Sri Lakshmivara Teertha's death mystery deepens, senior seer claims 'women and wine' caused it