Air India Flight Returns to NJ after Engine Catches Fire; A Look at the Airline's Recent Emergency Landings
New Delhi, July 15 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 221.67 points up to stand at 25,228.65. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 72.50 points up to stand at 7,526.65. Financial Tech and MCX were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 10.00% and 9.25% along with Future Retail and Reliance Infrastructure Ltd. with an increase of 9.25% and 7.40% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include Piramal Enterprises Ltd. and CRISIL with a decrease of 9.83% and 4.00% along with Sobha Developers Ltd. and Dr Reddys Lab with a decrease of 2.74% and 2.34% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 214.22 points at 15,518.66 while the banking sector is up 458.18 points at 17,053.82 and the realty sector is up 40.74 points at 1,931.90. The Indian currency is 0.15% down at Rs 60.16 per dollar.
Jul 15, 2014
New Delhi, July 12 (ANI): Finance Secretary Arvind Mayaram while speaking at an interactive session in New Delhi on Saturday said the budget for the fiscal year 2014-2015 is growth oriented and will revive the economy. Mayaram defended Finance Minister Arun Jaitley_s maiden budget that was presented in the parliament on Thursday holding that the government will maintain the fiscal deficit at the projected 4.1 percent of GDP (Gross Domestic Product). The President of Federation of Indian Chambers Of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), Sidharth Birla, along with its members was also present at the event.
Jul 12, 2014
Bangalore, July 11 (ANI): India's second largest IT services provider Infosys posted on Friday a higher-than-expected quarterly net profit growth of 21.6 percent, retaining its revenue guidance of seven to nine percent for the fiscal year 2015. Shibulal, the last of Infosys' seven founders to hold the role of CEO and who is leaving at the end of this month, said the company had already taken several measures to retain staff, including quarterly promotions.
Jul 11, 2014
Mumbai, July 11 (ANI): Indian markets flat-lined on Friday as investors analysed the budget announced by Narendra Modi's new government. Stock market expert, Sunil Shah, said currently that there is no activity in the market due to repercussions of the budget.
Jul 11, 2014
6 hours ago
- Is anyone a 'bibliobibuli' especially these days? Shashi Tharoor asks on Twitter
- Delhi police release images of 2 suspected JeM terrorists; national capital on high alert
- US national killed in Andaman Islands for illegally entering Sentinelese tribe area
- Stan Lee's POW! Entertainment responds to Bill Maher's 'disgusting' comments on author's death
- Is IMA safe? Karnataka govt issues notice to seize all properties; IMA director responds
- This public advocacy group plans to fight nationalism by building a global movement
- Australia takes India to WTO over bitter sugar dispute
- For Indian unicorn Oyo Hotels, the biggest market now is China
- Facebook investors want Mark Zuckerberg to resign: Report