Mumbai / New Delhi, Feb 27 (ANI): The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensex and Nifty rose nearly two percent on Friday, their best single-day advance in six weeks, as blue chips rallied on hopes the Indian government would deliver a budget that increases public investment but sticks broadly to its fiscal deficit targets. The benchmark BSE Sensex closed 1.65 percent higher at 29,220.12, its biggest single-day gain since January 20. The broader Nifty gained 1.85 percent to 8,844.60, its best single-day gain since January 15. BSE president, Ashish Chauhan, expected pro-growth and pro-reform budget. The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) asked the government to target and cut subsidies.
Feb 27, 2015
Kochi, Feb 27 (ANI): In a hope to stabilize India's drooping traditional industries like handloom, handicrafts, coir, cashew and beedi, industry experts are looking forward to the Narendra Modi government undertaking special measures in its annual budget for the fiscal year 2015-16 to be presented on Saturday. The traditional industries are mainly labour intensive and rely on skills that are passed on from one generation to another. The workforce of these industries mainly includes tribal people who remain deprived of their basic necessities even after 68 years of India's Independence. He added that a special grant from the central government would benefit millions of people involved in the industry like, raw material collectors, cutters, makers, distributors.
Feb 27, 2015
New Delhi, Feb 27 (ANI): Trading at the Bombay Stock Exchange today closed 473.47 points up to stand at 29,220.12. At the National Stock Exchange the Nifty closed 160.75 points up to stand at 8,844.60. UNITECH and HCC were among the top gainers of Group A with an increase of 16.53% and 9.19% along with SINTEX and GMRINFRA with an increase of 9.19% and 8.89% respectively, while the top losers of Group A include RASOYPR and HATHWAY with a decrease of 4.26% and 3.68% along with PMCFIN and NIIT TECHNOLOGIES LTD with a decrease of 2.86% and 2.53% at the close of the markets. The Auto sector is up 417.21 points at 19,769.71 while the banking sector is up 581.77 points at 21,858.46 and the reality sector is up at 74.97 points at 1,838.53. The Indian currency is down 0.12% at Rs 61.82 per dollar.
Feb 27, 2015
- Who was Stan Lee? Here's all about the creator of Spider-Man, Avengers and X-Men
- About 2,400 Indians, mostly from Punjab, detained in US jail for illegal immigration
- China's stealth fighter J-20 flaunts missile payload: Should India be worried?
- Union minister Ananth Kumar passes away at 59; PM Modi, President Kovind offer condolences
- Hiring shoots up to 21% in October; IT sector leads
- Tata Sons begins due process for taking over controlling stake in Jet Airways
- Visa and Mastercard losing market share in India to indigenous UPI, RuPay card: Arun Jaitley
- Big relief for Deloitte, PwC, EY and KPMG as govt panel allows permission to operate in India
- RBI tightens oversight of NBFCs, cancels registration of 31 firms