The United States on Saturday (May 20) announced military deals worth nearly $110 billion, during a visit by President Donald Trump to Saudi Arabia. Business leaders on both sides were keen to demonstrate their talks had been a success, so there was an element of showmanship in the huge numbers.
May 20, 2017
GST rate on capital goods no game changer; impact on L&T, ABB, BHEL, Siemens, Thermax seen as minimal
Mark Zuckerberg released video on 18 May of the moment he learned of his acceptance into Harvard University, where he later developed and founded Facebook. Zuckerberg said he released the video, filmed by his dad, ahead of his return to Harvard to receive his honorary degree. In the footage, he is seen in his bedroom opening an email from Harvard while dressed in his pyjamas.Yay, I got accepted, a teenage Zuckerberg says softly, before his father Edward Zuckerberg begins cheering.In the comments section on the Facebook post Zuckerberg provided some insight into the video.Before I went to college, my mom bet me Id drop out and my younger sister bet me shed finish college before me. I bet them Id get a degree. Now I suppose the cycle is complete, he wrote.
May 19, 2017
The US Treasury department announced on May 19 new sanctions on Venezuelan officials for alleged human rights abuses. The news comes as the month-long protests and deadly clashes continued against President Nicolas Maduros government.
May 19, 2017
- Pakistan's Imran Khan unleashes $630-mn scam under CPEC; Pak military, China involved
- Incomet- Leading Company to Become Financially Independent
- RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das cuts repo rate to 4%, reverse repo rate to 3.35%: Key points from press meet
- New H-1B legislation is great news for Indians; here's why
- 'It's their choice': Mastercard to allow staff to work from home until coronavirus situation eases