As many American women prepare to draw attention to their role in the workplace, a Wall Street firm on Tuesday (7 March) put up a statue of a girl in front of Lower Manhattans well-known bronze charging bull, as if to fearlessly stare it down.Placing the diminutive, grade school-aged girl in front of the massive bull on the eve of International Womens Day was a way of calling attention to the lack of gender diversity on corporate boards and the pay gap of women working in financial services, a spokeswoman for State Street Global Advisors said.
Mar 9, 2017
- Saudi Aramco IPO: Oil giant may beat valuation shock with record stake sale
- 'Make in India' hub Noida to churn over 30 crore mobile phones in 5 years
- Registration of GST non-filers to be cancelled
- NPAs are mounting due to weak governance in public sector banks, says RBI Governor
- Favourite whipping boys: Will millennials be next blamed for swelling bank NPAs?